Fulham’s favourite shop for laptop screen replacement. We, at PC Macgicians, do all type of screen replacement for laptops including Macbooks, Netbooks, Workstations and PC laptops. We cover Fulham and surrounding areas for computer repairs and onsite technical support. For quality parts and workmanship from certified engineers, count on us!
What is wrong with my laptop screen?
If you live in Fulham, SW6, come to us for a free diagnosis. We have listed below some common screen problems to diagnose the problem yourself.
Sometimes, it is not very obvious that the problem is with laptop screen. If the laptop screen is visibly broken then you can be 100% sure that the LCD screen needs replacing. Otherwise, there is a long list of problems that can occur with laptop screens. Before, reading further we would recommend you to plug an external monitor to the VGA port of your laptop to see if it is showing display on an external monitor. If you live in Fulham, then we would recommend to bring your laptop to our repair centre for a free diagnosis. Otherwise, if you are outside Fulham and cannot bring in the laptop to our repair centre then these tips will help you in diagnosing the problem with laptop screen:
- Broken / Cracked screen: A broken laptop screen cannot be repaired. It can only be replaced by a new LCD display. The cost of screen replacement depends on the make and model of your laptop and the quality of the replacement screen used. Beware of cheap imitation that are available online. Always use good quality screen when replacing.
- No display: If the only thing you see is a white or a black screen (no display), then it could suggest either a faulty screen cable or the faulty screen itself. Sometimes, it is a very small problem and could be rectified by just disconnecting and reconnecting the screen cable. Otherwise, the screen cable or the screen needs to be replaced.
- Screen flicker: If the small area or the whole screen is flickering after a while of turning on, then most probably it is the screen which is on its way out. It needs to be replaced with a new one.
- Very dim display: This problem suggests that the backlight for the LCD display is not working. If it is an old style LCD display then normally the inverter board is the culprit. Otherwise, motherboard or the screen panel could be the cause of the problem. Either way, it should be left to a professional to be fixed.
- Vertical or horizontal lines: If you can see the picture on the screen but horizontal or vertical lines are also showing up then most probably it is because of the fault with the graphics chip. The graphics chip is located on the motherboard. It can be repaired but the repair does not last long. Therefore, we do not recommend this type of repair. In this case, the motherboard should be replaced.
Laptop Screen Replacement (recent job from Fulham, SW6)
The client from Fulham brought his laptop to our workshop for screen replacement. Our repair centre / workshop is in Putney, just across Putney Bridge (if you are coming from Fulham). The client had accidentally dropped his laptop from a height and managed to break the screen. This was a Samsung NP355V5C laptop with 15.6″ LED Display. It was fairly new computer and had a very common screen. As we keep a huge variety of screens in stock, we did find this one. We were able to replace it the same day for the client and even arranged delivery to Fulham, SW6 at a reasonable price.
We, at PC Macgicians, specialise in PC and Mac computer repairs in Fulham, SW6.
Our repair centre is based in Putney (just round the corner from Fulham) and we also do onsite repairs all around London.
We offer in-house and on-site repairs for computer related problems including virus removal, screen replacement, logic board repair, internet troubleshooting, Operating System repair, e-mail setup, data recovery and power-jack repair.
Open 7 days a week.
For a free quotation and advice call now us on 0207 6100 500.